What happened to Peggy and Linda Gravenites?

For talk about the OfficialJanis.com website and Boutique. Good things to say, or bad things to say (within reason!), here's the place.

Moderators: JWantz, Joplinmanagement, JanisLyn, SHY_BEAR

What happened to Peggy and Linda Gravenites?

Postby tilly on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Does anyone know what Peggy Caeserta and Linda Gravenites are doing recently? I know the update from the Alice Echols book but that was years ago. Are there any recent sightings or updates?
tilly

Re: What happened to Peggy and Linda Gravenites?

Postby decadentglamour on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:58 am

Linda Gravenites died in 2005 or 2006, I forgot which one. The latest thing I've seen on Peggy was on the Last 24 program but not sure what she does.
decadentglamour

Postby tilly on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks! That's so sad about Linda. Somebody here needs to track Peggy down and ask for a new interview? I don't live in the states. She was one of the closest to Janis and one of the few still alive. I think her book, altho disturbing at parts , was in many ways the realist portrayal of Janis in my opinion. I'm sute she would have even more insight as an older and wiser woman looking back.
tilly

Postby decadentglamour on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:52 pm

It seems there's quite a few people trying to track Peggy down. I don't think she wants to be found. Or at least she's not making it easy. I agree, I also thought the book was rather realistic portrayal.

I'm concerned that if these people who knew Janis don't speak up about their experiences in detail there'll be a lot of history lost. I think we need more Janis books. The people who knew Janis should write stuff down at least - even if it'd go unpublished.
decadentglamour

Postby tilly on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:28 pm

I know as a fan i would love a new interview. It must be painful for her to relive the memories but as you say so much history is lost if not. I wish she'd talk and give more impressions ofJanis. We fans love new insights. Keep trying to find her! Janis's friend's haven't said an awful lot over the years. Have they?
tilly

Postby decadentglamour on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:48 pm

I think there are a lot of people who want to say things but there's the matter of publishing deals and let's face it, people, like Peggy, do come under a scrutiny when they say things. So it's not as straight forward as it seems. I don't know much about the literary world but I think a dedicated book editor could help out in this situation.
decadentglamour

Return to Official Site Talk